Smyths Toys moves ordering from marketing to stores
With the burden on the marketing department to take orders for POS via email and telephone, and manually fulfilling them, Smyths Toys needed a better solution.
Implementing MauveTech‘s Store Ordering solution provided an online portal for stores to order items visually. Creating order restrictions means that stores can only order within monthly budgets and minimum order values, with optional oversight by head office. Automatic product filtering based around store groups means that stores can only see products relevant to them – for example, stores in the Republic of Ireland will see price tickets in euros.
Following a successful launch, we added products from several different suppliers, so that stores could place a single, multiline order.
- One platform for stores to order from multiple suppliers
- Product visibility limited by store group
- Stopped stores ordering the incorrect items
- Rules-based head office approval workflow
- Removed the burden on the marketing department
- Allowed stores to track orders and delivery